This event is an exciting opportunity for a small group, band, orchestra, or choir from your instrumental students, school, or youth groups to get involved.
Being part of our regional festival means the groups are considered for the Music for Youth National Festival to be held in July 2024. Previous events have been held at prestigious venues across the country, including the Royal Albert Hall and the Birmingham Symphony Hall.
In July 2023, because of their incredible performances at the Sutton Regional Festival, the Sutton Youth Wind Orchestra (SYWO) and the St. Elphege’s Infant School Choir were invited to perform at the National Festival at the Birmingham Symphony Hall – this was a highly rewarding experience for all involved.
Our regional festival will be held on Saturday, 16th March 2024, at St Andrew’s Church, Northey Avenue, Cheam, SM2 7HF. There will be two sessions throughout the day between 12.30 and 2.30 pm and 3.30 and 5.30 pm, with maximum occupancy for seven groups in each. Session times will be allotted randomly to groups.
Here are some of the fantastic reasons to apply:
- A chance to be part of an amazing extra-curricular performance opportunity, with the chance of performing at national venues.
- Open to all types of musical groups, from instrumental duos, bands, to full choirs and orchestras.
- Open to Whole Class Ensemble Tuition (WCET) groups.
- Open to all young people aged 21 and under.
- A great opportunity for GCSE and A-Level Music students to develop their performance and ensemble skills ready for assessments.
- Music mentors from Music for Youth will be in attendance to give the groups constructive feedback on their performance – a great opportunity for musical development.
Sign up for the Sutton Regional Festival here:
Read about our time at the National Festival here: